Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Again

Many of our friends have already heard our news, but I haven't updated the blog and shared pics yet.  We are thrilled to announce that we been blessed with a new home!! There are so many details leading up to this point, but to make this post short enough to read in one sitting, I'll save those for a face to face chat sometime. :)  I will be doing a series of posts to share the renovations we are working on to get our house safe, clean and cozy before we move in. This house is a labor of love for all of us, and we are promised many years of labor and love within it's many rooms. :)

First, though, I'd like to welcome you to our new home as it is today.
I am super excited about all the mature landscaping. We even have two magnolia trees to greet you in the front yard!
 
*Three* levels of living space!



Our covered porch just waiting to welcome you. :)


The old barn...aka...the Dream Hangout. Two levels of fun just waiting to be finished.


Those are the pics of the outside of our home. We closed on the house this past Friday and started right in on the cleaning and renovating that needs doing before we can move in.  There is a LOT of work that needs doing, but we are all delighted to have it to do.  Such satisfaction in seeing this dear old house come back to life.  

I shared these thoughts on one of my other blogs and wanted to include them here as well.
I can't even describe my joy in walking through this house. The character, charm, memories it holds, and potential for beauty just overwhelm me sometimes. That has to be a good thing, but the dear old house is so filthy not many people could see past it. But, when you know it is a gift given by a Father that LOVES, dirt, peeling paint, nasty carpet and all....you just can't help but rejoice! It's like he chose to wrap it in all these lovely layers of hard work and togetherness so the unveiling can be as wonderful as the gift itself. Thank you, dear Father. Such a gift swells my heart.

Stay tuned for updates on the progress we are making.  I'll try my best to keep it current. But, be patient with me. This Momma has only 9 weeks left to carry my growing belly and I feel pretty worn out by the end of a busy work day. ;)

Please pray we all stay healthy, safe, and cheerful as we work together.  May our family be strengthened as we learn to be a team that honors the Lord.

1 comment:

wendy taylor said...

I wish we were there to help with this labor of love. It is beautiful! I can see all the potential.