Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Renovation Update #3

So far this week...

All the bedroom walls have their finish coats of paint. Master bedroom and one girls' room have both coats of floor paint down as well.

Littlest girls' room


 Boys' room

The paper on the floors was removed as well. Now we have some muscle work ahead of us to remove the paint globs left behind by the previous owners. I also spent a couple of hours washing windows in the above rooms today. For some reason, there is scotch tape ALL OVER the window casings in every room of the house. Talk about a major pain getting that stuff off of our lovely new windows.

 Big girls' room with the original wide boards painted white.

 Master bedroom with original wide boards painted Chocolate Truffle...yum!

The hallway/stairway walls were also graced with their finish coats of paint.




Now, isn't that an amazing change from this?

Over the weekend, Elizabeth mastered the technique of removing the tile backsplash in the kitchen.  Some of the children and I later worked at cleaning it all up. (Clean up keeps us less skilled workers very busy. :) )



No, really. It's *very* clean.  And seeing that mess of a wall is completely exciting when you think back to what it looked like before. (yeah, I loved the tile *that* much that this is the only pic I have of it. Whew.) 

Now it's all ready for a new backsplash using tin ceiling tiles and the appliances to be installed. Well, after the rest of the kitchen is finished, of course. ;)

Also this week the playroom/schoolroom got it's finish coats of paint...(Excuse the mess on the floor. This room is currently being used as our "paint shop".)

And the library received it's first skim coating on the walls. They are pretty rough, so they'll get one more coat before any paint goes on.

The main bathroom is being worked on this week as well. After these "before" pics were taken, everything was disconnected and the "gutting" has begun! (though we had been working on tearing up the floors already in these photos)




Here's the plan David made for what the new bathroom will look like:

Along with the inside work from above, this past weekend David and two good friends along with the older children delivered 4 trailer loads of trash and yard waste to the transfer station. They also picked up a fridge.  As a family, we picked up the rest of our new-to-us appliances over the weekend as well. Praise the Lord for his provision through the resource of craigslist!! I am so excited to get the appliances installed, but I'll be patient and wait until our dear little kitchen is fully dressed for the occasion. :)

It's only Tuesday and I'm beat!  The next couple of days will find me catching up on cleaning and such in our current home as well as tending to baby at my OB appointment.  At the house David will meet with a plumber and discuss the bathroom renovation, a friend who is going to give the roof a look over and help us make a plan on that project, and my fil will be working with two helpers on more inside work.  Along with finishing the library, we have the laundry room waiting to be prepped and painted before the new flooring goes in there.


The suspense is killing you, isn't it?  I know, it's hard to wait until next time. But, I'm saving one of my favorite house features to share until next time, so it will be worth the wait. ;)  When it's done, that tin ceiling in the dining room is going to be AMAZING!!! :D

Until then, I'll share some pics of what's blooming in the front yard.




Those magnolia trees are a real treat. But watching our sweet Honoree' Faith bloom into a TWO YEAR OLD this Friday is the best kind of blessing. :)








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! The transformation is already amazing! I do love the bedroom colors. So happy for you all!
I confess though, you are causing me to struggle. Just a bit. You are renovating my dream home!

Tracy said...

Linda, I had no idea you dreamed of old new englanders! I certainly don't want anyone to struggle. I hope sharing our progress isn't misunderstood as boasting, either. It's so exciting to see the house transform, I can't help but want it recorded for us to see down the road. Thanks for being excited with us. You'll have to plan another trip up this way so we can have coffee in my new dining room. :)

Unknown said...

It's ok, Tracy, really! Don't let my own little selfish pity party take away from your accomplishments!
We are truly very excited and happy over your progress, and rejoice with you! I love the big windows, all the light shining in.
And you can be sure I'll be stopping by the next time we are in your neck of the woods.
looking forward to your next update.

Unknown said...

Tracy! This is gorgeous! You are doing such a good job and I love your paint choices. I LOVE, LOVE all the windows...so beautiful. Rejoicing with you! :)

BrandyLynn said...

Wow, oh Wow Tracy! It looks absolutely amazing! My dream home looks similar to that one as well... but put in the upper midwest maybe. *wink* I so enjoyed seeing the progress. It looks absolutely beautiful! (Taming that green eyed monster of mine is not YOUR job... it's mine! LOL! And, I don't believe ANYONE feels you are bragging or boasting. It's exciting to see the changes. I appreciate your sharing. The Lord has blessed you!