Thursday, July 4, 2013

More House Renovations - Attic

I haven't posted many house renovation photos this past year. After our frenzied rush to get the house livable before Kindred was born last spring, we haven't done much by way of big projects. 
 
This spring, however, David and the boys took on the first phase of renovating the third floor of our home.  It's a lovely, dreamy, let's-play-Little-Women kind of attic space.  Currently, it serves as a storage area, closet for the dress-up clothes, and a crafting/sewing space.
 



 
We were blessed to find a craigslist ad selling nearly the exact amount of insulation we needed for our project at a great price.  With a trailer load of Pink, they took on the itchy job.
 










 
So far, we're planning to finish off the two rooms that are already framed up there to add two more bedrooms.
 
 
We'll also use the spaces under the eaves for seasonal storage. That's a little door that opens to that storage area.  We're thinking to take out that wall which would open the stairwell again, allowing the heat to travel up more freely. 
 
 
From there, we're still brainstorming on how we want to use the rest of the space.  I, of course, have visions of vintage furniture, rag rugs, collectibles and whimsy providing the perfect place for inspiration, escape, and All Things Beautiful . :)
 
 
"But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a gladness."
Isaiah 65:18

No comments: