Sunday, May 13, 2012

Renovations Update #7

Kitchen: All Systems are GO! 

David and his Dad worked hard all day Friday getting the kitchen put together. They had worked on the ceiling all through the week, so by Friday it was ready for paint.  Once that was done, they were able to put in our pantry shelving and the appliances.

Saturday, David spent his time putting in the new countertops and sink. Ruth was his special helper for the day. :)

 Elizabeth and I worked on scrubbing the appliances, cabinets, and unpacking a few pantry boxes. Of course, the constant clean up keeps us busy too. ;)  David stayed up late Saturday night cleaning up so I would wake to a beautiful, clean, *working* kitchen for my Mother's Day surprise.  I'm so blessed!

Looking in from the dining room...
 New counter tops and (new-used) appliances...
 We brought our pantry shelving from our other house and installed what would fit in this corner. Now I have room for the bulk items we use.
 A new kitchen sink...
 Looking into the dining room...


As you can see, we are still waiting for the tin to arrive so we can install the backsplash. It's the final touch, and the room will be completely done. Of course, now I have a lot of work ahead of me to re-clean the cabinets and shelving and fill them up with what we have boxed. I have to say, though, we were ALL thrilled to have such a lovely new place to unload our groceries into this afternoon. Super fun to do that for the first time. :)

The next big project is to tackle the ceiling in the dining room. In the meantime, we've been plugging away at hanging curtains and blinds, rearranging furniture and boxes, and the constant clean up that goes with living in a constructin zone. 

This week, the children and I will focus on unpacking the kitchen and prepping the freezer so we're ready when baby arrives. We'll be working out a plan with the OB for baby's birthday. Your prayers are appreciated this week. :) 



3 comments:

Winslowfamilyatgraceaboundingfarm said...

Oh Tracy,
It's beautiful with a capital "B"! Wow!!! God is soooo good! Happy Mother's day!!!

Love to you and praying for you!

Mary for the Winslow Gang

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Looking so lovely!!! :)

Cheymelah said...

What a gorgeous kitchen! I love your new home Tracy! I can not wait to hear when you are going to have Kindred!!!!! I was thinking about you and your sweet baby all day yesterday.