Thursday, April 19, 2012

Renovation Update #4

A lot has been going on this week. Just not a lot of recording on my end.  I have a few pics, though it won't look like a ton of progress just from what you see.  But, taking pics of rewiring, plumbing, and deconstruction isn't always that easy...or exciting. ;) 


The library floor got two coats along with it's final paint on the walls...

The bathroom has been the main focus this past week.  Remember this?

It's now been gutted, rewired, replumbed, prepped for a new floor, doorway, closet, and the new tub is in!  Drywall was taped and mudded today.  We found a great, paintable vanity with a gorgeous sink and counter today at a donation center listed on craigslist. The Lord provides in such wonderful ways!!  We're getting close. :)

The new doorway solves all sorts of issues. Door can now open INTO the bathroom, doesn't get in the way of the bedroom door right next to it, and allows for us to put in a larger vanity in that corner.

 My new whirly-pool tub. Yes, I am completely spoiled. :)


 The Clean Up Crew. :)

A huge blessing to us this week came when we were able to hire this amazing, hardworking crew to do the roofing. Because of the speed and price, we had them reroof the entire house and the barn. It looks amazing in just a few short days!

Joshua couldn't resist getting out on "his" roof and getting in on the roofing action. ;) 

This week I also spent some time cleaning ceiling fan blades and glass, windows with my mother-in-law, and general "go-fer" duties as they arose.  David has about a week and half off of work, so we are able to work together, which makes it all the more enjoyable. Today, after a full day of working, errands, shopping, picking up supplies, and more working, we ended the day ripping down some plywood for the new floors we're putting in the playroom and family room. We are so hoping they turn out as awesome as they look in the pic I found on the blog.  This is what we are aiming for...

David's dad set up this very cool table for cutting the wood as straight as possible. That seems to be the major trick to making this work...we hope! I really enjoyed being David's Right Hand today. (even if my Baby Belly was a little in the way) :)


Tomorrow we have helpers coming.  So thankful!  We're hoping to get the laundry room painted (the luan was put down in there this week too!), the playroom flooring down, and more work on the drywall in the bathroom. I'll be working on more windows and/or cleaning and priming the bathroom vanity. 

Here's another prayer request:  We're hoping that the Lord enables us to accomplish the tasks necessary to allow us to move in at the end of next week, before David's time off of work is over.  Please join us in praying this possibility becomes a reality, as the Lord chooses. Thanks!

3 comments:

Cheymelah said...

Is that a sweet belly I spy!!! You look amazing! Your house is coming along so beautifully. I always enjoy seeing pictures of your family!

Tracy said...

LOL, Heather! Yes, that's my big ol' belly in those pics. You can see it if you look hard. Honest, I wasn't TRYING to hide it. ;)

Thanks so much for your sweet words!!

Unknown said...

How nice, Tracy! :) Your bathroom is going to be just lovely! :) So exciting!