Monday, May 28, 2012

And Baby Makes EIGHT... :)

On Monday, May 21st 2012, we welcomed our 8th child and 6th daughter into our arms. 

Due to my diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes, it was safest for our little one to be born by the 40 week mark. We went in to begin the induction process on Sunday evening and she was born almost 24 hours later on Monday evening.  No matter how I tried to convince the OB team, they were still surprised that an eighth baby didn't come much more quickly. 

The induction process was much more gentle and manageable than any other induction I have had. The OB team the Lord directed us to was a great blessing. The doctor we scheduled our induction to work with was truly a blessing. We're grateful for the experience and even more grateful it's over and our precious little girl is now in our arms, healthy and safe.

Kindred Promise
8.9 lbs; 20.5 inches


During my labor, my blood pressure dropped significantly along with my blood sugar level. Both baby and I were not handling that well, leading to a couple of hours of concern on behalf of everyone. However, we both recovered well after turning off the pitocin, allowing us to begin again with confidence. 

Once Kindy arrived, her first blood sugar draw was only 1 point away from needing an IV. That was scary. I nursed and nursed working to bring it up. The next 3 draws were all well within normal range and I was praising the Lord at each draw. So thankful she didn't need a trip to the nursery or IVs. That would have been a guaranteed 48 hour stay, maybe more.  As it was, we were both doing great and able to leave at the 24 hour mark.

While waiting for my family to come rescue me from the hospital demands, my mother-in-law surprised me with a visit. I don't usually have visitors when in the hospital, so this was a real treat to have some time together enjoying little Kindy-miss.


David brought the children in time for us to share dinner together in my room and birthday cake that they made for their new baby sister.

Honoree' Faith meets her new baby sister. She was not even sure what to do with that little bundle.  

 The other sisters were more than ready to snuggle that little pink bundle. Susannah was especially excited to meet this sweet sister that she'd been kissing, hugging, and praying for the past 9 months. She could hardly contain hersself.



 Oldest and youngest daughters. So surreal! Wasn't it just yesterday.....?


Ruth quickly assumed the role of "mother hen" as she worked to dress our newest dollie for the trip home.


And I just keep doing my best to make sure there's room on Momma's lap for all the little dollies I love. <3  

We then headed out, a happy family and very happy Momma ready to snuggle in back home.


Okay, well, maybe not EVERY family member was so happy about the long drive home.  ;)


Thank you, Lord, for the gift of another precious person to love, guide, and learn from. May we keep our hearts and minds focused on your word and your plans as we continue on this journey you have chosen for us.

Dt 31:8 "The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, she is so sweet. I LOVE all the pics of the girlies - sweet, sweet, sweet. I am so happy that Kindred is safe in your arms! Congrats Mama (and family;-)!

Robin C

Danielle said...

Beautiful pictures. I am so happy for you and was glad to get a little glimpse into your special day.

Anonymous said...

Hurray!! Kept checking for an update. =) She is beautiful!! I'm so glad all went well!

Love,
Shera