Thought I'd share the title of a sweet little book we borrowed from our local library:. The Signmaker's Assistant by Tedd Arnold.
Lovely artwork, great visuals, a variety of reading levels, and several great lessons to be learned puts this title high on my list.
After making our way through this fun little book, we got out some art supplies and tried our hand at making our own signs.
Verity urges: Look For Rainbows.
Ruth advertises: The Ac(c)ountant. Perfect for Daddy's office door.
Susannah warns: Please Keep Off the Garden.
While I do like the rigors and thoroughness of our work texts, there is nothing that compares with making a story come to life through creativity and originality. Combining a literature-based, interest-led method with a solid, spiral spine for learning is slowly becoming the glue that holds our homeschool together.
"I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth."
Genesis 9:13
No comments:
Post a Comment