Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another year gone by

Okay, so a year later and I'm still pretty clueless with this. Eventually I will catch on, so in the meantime here's an update on life in our lil' world.

David is enjoying a bit of a slow-down with work after a very busy year. We are so thankful to have had another year showing profit. The Lord has blessed us beyond our prayers and we praise Him greatly. It's possible that the winter season may allow for him to try some new endeavors. We will have to see how the Lord works those things out.

I have been spending most of my time trying to find that "new normal" that is supposed to happen after a new baby arrives. Since Verity Grace was born in May our life stayed pretty active, so it's been a bit of a challenge. The cold winter months are giving me hope that we will settle in to a quieter routine. I am attempting to make some pretty big changes in our home. With me, any type of change is a challenge, so doing more than one at the same time requires more brain power than I am often able to muster. The Lord is good and patient, though. I'll get there bit by bit.

Elizabeth's seizures returned for a week in October. That gave us a scare and put us into research mode again. We continue to adjust our diets and nutrition choices and are awaiting a consult with a local Osteopathic doctor. We're praying for some guidance in this area.

Joshua just finished building me a great bird feeder. He has grown in his love for the outdoors. He loves to fish and hunt and still struggles with sitting still for long. His reading improves more and more and he starting to like bits and pieces of school work...little tiny bits and pieces.

Benjy is officially a first grader this year. He's doing well. He follows his brother closely and has such a quick and clever mind.

Ruth is growing but still a petite little thing. She talks a mile a minute and wants to "do school" every hour of the day. She a true little princess through and through. Dresses, shoes, hair...everything pink.

Susannah is a combination of dollies and dirt. She loves all things girly as long as she can bring them along on her outdoor adventures with her brothers. She rarely falls behind the others and also stays busy with her "school books". I'd love to report that she is a potty-training champ...sigh...that will be another post. (and hopefully not another year from now!!)

Our sweet little Pretty Bit, Verity Grace will be 7mos. old soon. She is sitting up and hands out smiles that light your world. I cannot imagine making it through the day sometimes without her beautiful smile and sparkling eyes shining at me.

Today a few of us are down with colds so we are hanging out with our chicken soup and movies hoping to feel better soon. I'll try to play around a bit more and see if I can make this blog something that looks official.

No comments: