This is one of our favorite field trips, even though we've missed it the last few years running. This year our dear friends joined us for a great day of walking, standing, learning, standing, playing, standing, tasting, did I mention the excessive amount of standing?, and FUN!
We enjoy seeing many of the great ways we can learn about gardening, farming, animals, building, hunting, safety, and oodles more great stuff.
We spun some wool into yarn...
Saw and petted a live falcon...
Checked out some Not Live critters...
Sampled some yummy apples...had to get this shot of the big kids since the littles are always hogging the camera lense ;)
And our good friend, Smokey the Bear!...
A future bee-keeper...
And sweet Honoree' lovin' the bunnies. She would have stayed with them all day if it wasn't for the goats and other animals that needed petting. ;)
We had a lovely time and can't wait until next year. I was surprised by how well attended the event was. Much busier than I remembered from years past. Next year I hope to have the children sit in on some classes that are offered. Elizabeth was particularly interested in the one on raising goats.
I have to say, this is a great event to chase away the cabin fever. It's also very economical for a family our size. If you haven't attended before, be sure to put it on the calendar for next February!
No comments:
Post a Comment