Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Answer to Prayer

Earlier this week I shared a prayer request with a group of friends. I asked them to pray that the Lord would send someone to help me tackle some piles and projects around the house. These are things that have been creating a fair amount of stress for me in a season of already stressful events.

I had my eyes set on someone outside our family coming in for a day.  Our children are helpful with maintaining daily tasks, and I'm always grateful for that. They have a full workload with schooling, as do I, so adding the extra projects was a bit much for all of us.

My friends prayed. I prayed. I listed the tasks. Prayed some more. All the while, the Lord worked.

Over the last two days, a beautiful, selfless, Christ-loving young lady worked diligently and silently in our home.  Every so often, I'd see her bustle past with a basket of laundry or a stack of books. Occassionally, I'd look for this young lady where she *should* be and not find her. Then I'd walk in a room and see a pile missing.  All the while, her schoolwork and regular chores were kept up.

My precious 15 year old daughter has been hard at work this week, seeking to bless me. She had no idea I was praying for a helper. She had no idea how overwhelmed I was feeling by these projects left undone. She simply saw a list I made and took it upon herself to relieve my workload. Truthfully, the Lord moved in her heart to meet this mother's need.  He used a humble young woman to answer the prayers of many. 

My list is cut in half.  At least.  And it happened almost before I even realized it. When I pulled her aside today to tell her I've noticed her efforts, she blushed. When I told her how the Lord was answering a prayer I had prayed, she smiled that gorgeous smile of hers and teared up.  She is so grateful to know the Lord would use her and that it truly was Him prompting her to do this work.  What a joy to be used by the Lord!


For those who are approaching a season of adolesence with your children, prepare to be BLESSED!! It is one of the most wonderful experiences you can know. 

For those who call themselves a "teen", you are precious!! You bring joy to your parents with your loving ways of helping and sharing your lives with us.

For those with young people in your homes right now, join me in treasuring and speaking your love and gratitude to these gifts the Lord has given us to enjoy
 
"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: