In fact, I'm going to have to restrain myself even now from too much elaboration on my thoughts regarding this day. Watching my oldest child grow into a young adult is difficult to put into words. The words get all jumbled and then the tears start to form and well, tears + keyboard = wet short circuiting mess, right? Yeah, let's not go there.
I was able to write this up a few nights ago: Our baby girl!! I've been walking around in tears all day. See that beauty there? That's just a glimpse of the true beauty within. Elizabeth's love for the Lord and God's word shine. She amazes, humbles, and challenges me daily. I truly never grasped how grateful I could be for the privilege of being someone's mother. God has been so gracious to give us this precious girl.
When Elizabeth was dedicated as a baby we chose this as her life verse. Just imagine how much more that means to us now, looking back all these years.
"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him (her) to the LORD; as long as he (she) liveth he (she) shall be lent to the LORD." 1 Samuel 1:27-28
For Elizabeth's special day we enjoyed a quiet breakfast with just her and David and I early in the morning. Then we picked up the rest of the gang and headed to Kittery Trading Post so she could pick out her gift, a new bow for our lovely Medieval Princess.
We stopped for a special lunch out at one of her favorite restaurants (really, one of the only restaurants she likes to eat at) where she studiously kept at her schoolwork so as not to get behind. She's a keeper, I tell ya'!
Dinner with the fam that night was her pick of Curried Rice with Carrots and Chickpeas and a large salad. Almost no one in the fam really likes curry besides Elizabeth, so this was a real treat for her.
A yummy, simple dessert of Apple Nachos topped with peanut butter-date drizzle and a heart shaped raw brownie made everyone smile. Yum!
I'm watching this young lady grow and bloom before my eyes. I am in awe. I think of the words to the song, "Sunrise, Sunset" from one of our favorite movies, Fiddler on the Roof: "I don't remember growing older, when did they??" That's how I feel when I look at my precious baby girl.
Yet, I do know that I have become so much more from the gift of being her mother. I'm so grateful to the Lord for choosing this journey for me and blessing me with such a person to learn with and from along the way.
1 comment:
Well, Tracy, you made me cry. I don't know how YOU kept it together!
She's just beautiful. Like her mama. May you two always be close, and may the Lord be her stronghold forever.
Rachel (covenantmama from MOMYS)
Post a Comment