Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remodel...Calling it Done.

We've been enjoying our "new" house for a couple of weeks now. It's been so busy here settling in, getting back to school with our new schedule and trying navigate the new kitchen cabinets. ("Honey, WHERE are the forks now?"  ;-) )

I'll share pics of the kitchen and Pantry Wall now. Someday, if it is ever completely in order, I'll post pics of our Closet Wall in our new Provision Room. I know, I know, it doesn't have to be perfect. But, after all that hard work, I'd like to have something that shows what my brain was thinking when this all started!!

Thankful for the Lord's Provisions

The shelving here will eventually have doors. Which is good, since I have some very creative "organizers" on the loose. ;-)

I was very excited to find a way to store our fruits and vegies.  All the storage bins I found wouldn't fit our shelves. I just had to think outside the box...and into the trash cans they go!

 It's a crazy thing, but those labels make me feel Happy. :-)

Kitchen After:

Looking in from our Provision Room

The new Slow Cook Nook (right next to the fridge)
 

We ended up putting in different counter tops than we originally had. That was a last minute choice, but we're happy with the results. The lighter color gives the room a bigger feel.
 

You can't see it very well, but I really love the uneven heights of our new upper cabinets. It creates some dimension, gives me the perfect place for plants, and masks the fact that the cabinets we ordered aren't quite exact to the originals. (those have been discontinued.) 
As you can see, we'll still need to replace the flooring and adjust a few more cabinets. But, we're calling this done for now.  We're happy to get back to our regularly scheduled life, which involves what is most dear to our hearts.  



5 comments:

Our Peculiar Lives said...

That looks so great! I love it!

Martha A. said...

It looks great!

Debbie Fitts said...

Looks wonderful, so inviting!!!


debz @ momys

Susanna said...

That is beautiful work, Tracy! The right setting for many busy happy children and their busy happy mama! :)

Angie said...

Everything looks absolutely AMAZING Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!