Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top to Bottom

We're trying something different this week in preparation for the new year approaching. I call it our Top to Bottom. Here's the Plan:

1. Declutter/Deep Clean the house from top to bottom.
     >Monday: Second level
     >Tuesday: Main level
     >Wednesday: Basement

2. Household/School organization
    >Thursday: Declutter/organize/plan for next school quarter
    >Thursday: Declutter/organize school files
    >Thursday: Revise menu plan for this winter

3. Rest and Rejuvenate
    >Friday: Organize photos and scrapbook
    >Friday: Update family prayer journal

4. Redeem the Time
    >Saturday: Kitchen/Baking Day

It's Wednesday now and we're right on track! In fact, we even went to town to do our grocery shopping and enjoy lunch out together and still got our cleaning chores done.

This week has been pretty relaxed. We've been waking up late-ish, spending a little more time in our bible reading and journaling, enjoying breakfast leisurely, and playing in the mountain of snow that arrived. I'm enjoying it immensely. Next week we are back to school with a new school room, new schedule, new menu, Daddy staying home, and a few new chores to learn. We will be a quite busy, so I'm elated that we are getting so much done this week.  I've already declared it a new Tradition for the Week After Christmas. ;-)

I haven't been posting many details lately, trying to keep our focus on the Christ of Christmas. I do have a lot to share, though. Stay tuned for more about our new schedule, chore charts, menu, and even some writings from the children. I look forward to sharing with all of you what we are learning as well as gleaning from your ideas as well! :D

3 comments:

BrandyLynn said...

Sounds wonderful Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very motivating!! I have been decluttering too....I tore my entire house apart and it is so much nicer!!

I can't wait to hear more!

BrandyLynn said...

By the way.......This is ANGIE DAWN! lol NOt Brandylynn!! :) She is signed into my computer lol oops....

Tracy said...

lol, Angie! I'm glad it's you, but I was pretty excited to have Brandy Lynn stopping by our blog. ;)

Sounds like you are getting a lot of great things done too. Hooray!