Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Crafting

Worked on some handmade gifts for the children this year.  I didn't get as many done as I had hoped, (eyes are bigger than my fingers type thing ;) ).  But, I'm pleased with what's been completed. I have some little things still in the works, but it will be a Christmas Miracle if they are finished in time. ;-)


A pony stable designed by Bettsy and Yours Truly.


A fun little Crayon Caddy for Sweet Honoree'. She is our budding artist and has a crayon in her hand every chance she gets. :)


Another fun project for our littlest one, Honoree' Faith. It's a Shape Sorter in pretty colors. I had so much fun making those little blocks. They are still my favorite. ;-)

I ordered several more patterns to make for the children. A lot of creative games and even some doll accessories.  I'll post as I finish them throughout the year.  I've found plastic canvas to be a great medium for all ages. Even my boys like to work on a quick coaster now and again because it can be completed in one sitting. 

4 comments:

Winslowfamilyatgraceaboundingfarm said...

These are beautiful Tracy! Wow!! I remember when you were working on the walls of the pony stable! It came out great! And I just LOVE the shape sorter, and the crayon box! Those came out great! You are really doing great with the plastic canvas! Keep up the wonderful work!

Merry Christmas!

Mary

Tracy said...

Thank you, Mary. Yes, it took me way too long to finish that stable. ;) Thankfully, the other projects came together quickly in comparison.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Robin said...

So cute! Love the colors on the crayon sorter.
I thought of you today when I looked at the blocks that my grandma made for me that my kids are now playing with. They were made with plastic canvas and have a bell inside to add excitement.

Tracy said...

Oh, thank you, Robin! I thought of adding in some little trinket after I finished the blocks. That would have been very fun. :)

Thanks for leaving a note. :)