I fought with myself about sharing this post. My pride tells me to keep quiet and not to reveal the ickiness we're battling here. But, honestly, I'm so worn down from the battle, I am just hoping for some prayer. No, we are not facing a life-threatening illness. No, we are not hurting over lost friends, family, jobs, or homes. We are blessed. We are full with love, health, and happiness. We are seeing the Lord at work on our behalf in many wonderful ways. So, why, you ask, would I be fussing and wimpering? I have so much to be thankful for! Yes. Yes I do. And I need to focus on being thankful in all things. So, here goes...
Well, praise the Lord for fleas. Without fleas, I would not have had such a nice time hanging out with my husband and boys and baby girl at the laundromat getting 7 giant loads of bedding done. I wouldn't have heard the hum of my own washer and dryer going non-stop for the last 2 days. Praise the Lord for a strong washer and dryer that can handle the work. I love my "servant girls". :) Soon, every launder-able item in my house will be fresh and clean. I've started on the rugs tonight and they are the last thing left. That means I can begin again in the morning re-washing the bedding in the bedrooms since we now see the fleas coming out of the cracks in the flooring. Praise the Lord for wood floors with cracks instead of carpeted floors that could be even harder to clean.
I would never have motivated myself to do such a thorough and deep fall cleaning in one day (up 'til 11pm vacuuming...whew!). I also wouldn't have 3 adorable BARN cats now living OUTSIDE of my house...FOR GOOD. That means no more litter box in my laundry room. Yay!
I wouldn't have broken a sweat with all the vacuuming I did yesterday. Who knew I could get a work out vacuuming??!! So thankful for a machine that doesn't need replacement bags, which would increase the cost of the cleaning. Sure am glad the Lord created my to love vacuuming. :)
PRAISE the LORD for the greatest pest control guy ever who is coming on Wednesday to treat our home. I'm so thankful that we needed him to come when we first bought this house to check things over. He's a wonderful, kind man that knows our family and will do what is best and safe for our little ones. He's also very fair in his price, so we can be confident we are using our funds wisely.
I'm thankful that I had already blocked out this week to do cleaning and projects. I'm going to lose time for lesson plans, but at least I'm not losing teaching time for school.
And, now I have the privilege of sharing our "ickiness" with you so that you can pray. Pray for me that I would not grow weary in doing well. Starting over every day to do the same work I did before is wearing on me. It's discouraging to think you are making progress only to see the "ick" return the next day. Pray for us to trust the Lord for the needed funds to treat our home and pets. Pray for our home to be rid of the "ick". Pray for protection over our family against any added illness from the "ick". Pray for us all to work hard and be patient with one another as we handle the stress.
Thanks, friends. You are a gift to us. Even in times of "ick", I am grateful to realize that those who know us and love us will cover us in prayer. That's something we woudn't know without the battles we endure.
Fleas are such a blessing. ;)
3 comments:
Praying for you and dealing with your "ick"! Thanks for sharing so that we could pray!
Love you all!
The Winslow Gang
Oh, ((Traci))!! I'm so sorry!!! It is exhausting, frustrating, maddening, etc.!!! We had fleas here when we first moved in. I feel your pain! Praying for you!
Shera
Thank you!! Our vet thinks they were in the house while it was empty, lying dormant, and came to with our waking the house and providing new hosts. I think they are in the duct work. I am going to have pest control come again just to be sure we get them all.
Post a Comment