Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to School!

We had a great day. :-)


I mean, A Really Great Day...


I mean, an I Can't Remember Having Such a Great School Day kind of day...


Okay, well...these helped...


But, our new school room and routine works very well. Can you tell how surprised I am?
I still have some challenges with the Littles. But, they did enjoy their play cubby for a while...


I forgot to take more photos.  We started a bit late, so lunch didn't happen until after 1pm. But, when you're not watching the clock, that can happen. ;-) 

Our menu:

Breakfast - Oatmeal, bananas, raisins and grapefruit for Momma

Lunch - Taco Lentils w/ rice (waiting for us in the crockpot when we came up for lunch),
chips, cheese, salsa, fresh cut carrots, broccoli, cherry tomatoes & dip

Dinner - Salad, spaghetti, green beans, & venison sausage
(all made by my wonderful husband! ::swoon:: )

Our individual and family devotions were a blessing. We got in our morning and afternoon exercise. All lessons scheduled to be done by lunch were done by lunch. The baby napped all through our morning lessons. My oldest wrote a lovely poem that made me tear up. My family *applauded* me at the dinner table for having had such a wonderful day. (no, seriously!)  And I ended the day having coffee out with friends.

Seeeeee???? I told you it was a Really Great Day! :D

A few squeaks still need some oiling: We need to get started on lessons a bit earlier. I need to find some more things to keep the little ones busy during lessons. I have to be sure to get in some reading time with them after lunch. And, we need to not forget our daily cleaning chore tomorrow. (ahem)

None of that deters me from basking in the gift of such a precious day with my family. I began the day tired as all get out, not having had a very good night sleep-wise. Yet, I prayed the Lord would multiply his grace and peace in our home and he certainly did! Praise the Lord for all He does. Every good gift is certainly from his hand.

I hope everyone else enjoyed a great day Back to School!


"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord," 2 Peter 1:2





7 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Tracey, how wonderful!! we had a pretty good day here. i took some pictures, but it is getting late, but I'll post them tomorrow, (I hope) and will let you know. :)

Once again, it does sound like you had a blessed day and I'm so happy for you!

We ended up skating this afternoon and then supper with friends, so I didn't have as much computer time, but that is ok, there is always tomorrow. :)

Angie said...

Thats just wonderful Tracy!!!!!! I am thrilled for you! I love that kind of day!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

http://homeschoolblogger.com/lilyofthevalley4/784008/

Ok, I did it! :)

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Tracy, I did wanted to let you know I edited my blog post. :D I meant to share this last night, but forgot and was reminded when i read one of the comment left me.

Blessings and I hope you have another blessed day!!

~Stephanie said...

What a wonderful blessing of a day!

Our Peculiar Lives said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! I hope the rest of your week went well! Thanks for your comment! Hey, if you'd like me to make a header for you, let me know, pm me on momys. I love playing, and if you have some ideas of what you might like or photos you'd like to use, I could put something together pretty quickly. Let me know! :)

Tracy said...

Jennifer, thank you so much! I'll brainstorm a bit. It's nice to know who to get in touch with. ;)