Monday, January 3, 2011

A Poem to Share

Bible Time


Long before the sun lights the sky the older half of my family and I, are awakened by a soft touch or word, which is my Daddy's gentle hand or voice calling us to our time with the Lord.

With selfish thoughts and sleepy steps I somehow arrive downstairs, but within moments idle thoughts disappear as I offer up my silent prayers.

Now, with a clear mind I read His word , and find many insights from it. So true to His promise He gives me the strength and will to carry these things with me, rather than giving up with a forefit.

After another prayer we take time to share what we have been tought, then others ask questions, after some quiet thought. Which we sometimes struggle to answer.

Last of all we pray together bringing ours and the pititions of others to Him. Meanwhile our king in Heaven listens to and watches these events and I believe his heart is bursting with joy.

Our King of kings, and Father of fathers.
 
by Elizabeth M.
age 13

No comments: