Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Road Trip 2011 Da' Yooper Tour

I'm barely what you could call a true Yooper, but I still have some favorite spots I had to show the fam while we were in Ironwood, MI.

The Big Indian, that I used to bike to see weekly during my summers at Grandma's house. I used to spend all of my pennies at the little gift shop located there that is now closed.




The Big Hill that I used to bike up to visit the Big Indian. I told the story, again, of my exaltation on the day I made it all the way up without stopping or walking. :-D

A stop at Joe's pasty shop for the ultimate U.P. food, pasties, of course! And a shot of my dear old downtown Ironwood.



A stop for spring water on the way to the lake.
And an overnight at my favorite, favorite, favorite childhood place, Little Girl's Point campground on Lake Superior. We spent that afternoon at the lake, enjoyed dinner with my uncle, his wife and their sweet boy, and headed out the next morning, after another hour of hunting for agates on the shore while David braved the frozen waters for a lake bath. Ha!










She bum-scooted down the whole beach!











It was hard to leave, but we knew we still had more adventure ahead of us down the road.

No comments: