Monday, June 25, 2012

The Schoolroom

We got our new school room set up this weekend. It will primarily be used for lessons with the younger children and as a playroom. I set it up so I can read with many snugglers and also have a comfy place to nurse the baby while I work on lessons with someone else. I put gates at each entrance in hopes that will keep the toys in the right room at least. ;)

The boys will likely work on independent work at the dining room table next to the school room. This allows me to see the littles while they play and I help the older ones.  In my head, it all works perfectly. The year ahead will tell for sure. ;)  We started back to school to finish up this year's work today. So far, we've been working all together in the school room so we can work on some bad habits that have developed. Theirs and mine.







"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15

6 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

It looks great and so well organized!! Lovely!!!

Unknown said...

a wonderful space! so bright and cheerful :0)

~Stephanie said...

I can't wait to get into my new space and have a homeschool room/playroom.

Bliss!

Ben and April said...

Looks great!! I have so loved watching your new home take shape!

Unknown said...

Lovely, Tracy! I needed some inspiration! My whole house is in desperate need of some TLC!

Tracy said...

Glad to help! You have to know that this room needed a good cleaning shortly after the camera clicked. ;) We have an everyday opportunity to learn the benefits of Pick Up What You Play With. ;)