We're doing a full week of science this week to work on catching up a bit with our studies. I thought I'd post our progress each day so we can enjoy our efforts. It's a little intense at times, but I think we're all enjoying studying a subject like this. We give it all of our time for a full week and then pack up the mess and prepare for the next subject coming up.
I don't have photos of all of our activities. I find that we are having so much fun or getting so involved that I forget to grab the camera.
We started our morning with a collection of items on the table and discussed how they were all plant-related. The joke was on me, though. I put a plastic box in there to throw everyone off and the bigs all declared that the box was also made from plants since corn is often used to make plastic. Smarty-pants.
We did some reading, some work on the wipe-board, put together a taxonomy chart, and headed out to the yard for a scavenger hunt. We took a sickly looking plant and decided to see if we could revive it by placing it outside and feeding it coffee each morning. Works for mom, so why not try it?
One of the main activities we do for each chapter we cover is to make vocabulary cards and add them to our Word Wall. We also added the models of a plant and animal cell we made.
Once we finished up the book work, we headed down to the library and stocked up on some good reads for the week. I'm looking forward to posting as we go. I haven't done much by way of projects and teaching aside from assigning workbook pages for a while. It's been so nice to get back into this mode for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment