Elizabeth shared a sweet devotional to begin our time together. She shared her heart regarding the challenges the Lord has given her this year. It's been a time of growth and learning as she strives to share the fruit the Lord is producing in her life with others. Reaching out beyond our own home to be a blessing, even when it causes discomfort. She is a beautiful example of a follower of Jesus.
We had great fun playing a customized version of the game Apples to Apples. We then enjoyed a delightfully peaceful lunch of Strawberry Spinach Salad, Blueberry muffins, Sliced Apple sandwiches, and cheese, ham and crackers, and fruity herbal tea, of course. :)
After our meal was complete, Elizabeth led us in some new artistic pursuits. We all tried our hand at creating some delicious and pretty edible arrangement. It was a lot of fun, even if we all did get pretty sticky. :)
As a mother, I can't express the joy and gratitude I have to the Lord for the genuine fruit I see growing in our daughter's life. She is the blessing I dreamed she would be and the kind of young lady I always wanted to be when I was her age. I'm privileged to be her mother and rejoice in this special season of "teen years". For all those who gave me the warning, "Just you wait until she's a teenager..." I want to say, THANK YOU!!! We enjoy her more now than ever before and I look forward to the years ahead to watch her light shine ever brighter.
"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
No comments:
Post a Comment