Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Box of Treasures!

I'm sharing a great blessing from the Lord with you all!

This past year, our state opened up a program for private companies to set aside private funds for non-public school families.  We applied last winter, not really sure how it all worked. Then it went through the ringer at the state level and the program was almost canned.

Thankfully, with some changes, it held together.  David was contacted earlier this month letting him know that our family was awarded one of the scholarships from the program!! We are receiving a very generous amount (more than our normal yearly budget for education, which isn't huge, but still....) to put toward educational costs. 

Can I tell you that the Lord has the most amazing timing?? Oh, yes, you already knew that. :)

I put most of the funds toward curriculum purchases I have already made for the coming year. I will still be able to cover costs for sewing lessons for some children, a few more CLE work texts to fill in for math and reading for the year, and I'm looking into options for music lessons.

I then pulled together the book and curriculum list I had built but couldn't order yet, since we were waiting on the Lord for funds.  I was able to order everything I needed, wanted, and even dreamed of!! I've never been able to do that any year of schooling. (I DO dream a little too big.) And, we're talking 12 years of homeschooling here, folks.

God is not only good, He is abundantly good, even in a season of "drought".

Today I opened up some of the boxes that have been waiting for me.  Am I the only one that lets boxes sit until the *PERFECT* time for opening and savoring each one??

 
Biographies....



 
Audio drama and books....

 
Historical fiction for our study of the Middle Ages... (can't wait to dig into The Holy War by John Bunyan!)

 
Bits and pieces for middle/high school studies...

 
Primarily, my heart is overjoyed to have the bulk of our books for learning biographical. While we enjoy reading a solid textbook (yeah, we're weird) there is no match for studying and gleaning from the life of another giant of the faith, struggler with sin, or simple servant like usSeeing the Lord's work in the lives of other gone before us brings the reality that God desires to do a great work within us and our children as well.  I can't wait to see how the Lord challenges us in the coming year.
 
We are so grateful for our treasures.  Now we just need to get those boys' carpentry skills tuned up so they can build me some more bookshelves!
 
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of GodFor consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
Hebrews 12:1-3
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! :D

Shera said...

Praise the Lord!!!! That is such an incredible blessing!! So happy for you all!!
Love,
Shera