How great is it that we were able to travel through Albequerque, NM the same week as the Balloon Fiesta?! We were really excited that we could catch a bit of the event. We boondocked at Mr. Bob's office near Fiesta park to see the Fireworks on Friday night and then basked in the beauty of the Mass Ascension on Saturday morning. So cool!! We already love the balloons and are spoiled with the Up Close and Personal contact we get in our own little town's yearly balloon rally. But it was quite a sight to see over 500 balloons launch over the sprawling city of Abq. Even so, I think I had more fun watching the children huddled on the dash of the RV wide-eyed at all the different balloon shapes. Definitely a memory I'll savor.
Welcome to our family blog. This is the place to keep up with our adventures at home and on the road. We hope we can be a blessing to you. We are grateful for the friends that stop in to pray and encourage us.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
International Balloon Fiesta!!
How great is it that we were able to travel through Albequerque, NM the same week as the Balloon Fiesta?! We were really excited that we could catch a bit of the event. We boondocked at Mr. Bob's office near Fiesta park to see the Fireworks on Friday night and then basked in the beauty of the Mass Ascension on Saturday morning. So cool!! We already love the balloons and are spoiled with the Up Close and Personal contact we get in our own little town's yearly balloon rally. But it was quite a sight to see over 500 balloons launch over the sprawling city of Abq. Even so, I think I had more fun watching the children huddled on the dash of the RV wide-eyed at all the different balloon shapes. Definitely a memory I'll savor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment