Sunday, October 11, 2009

FREEZING in Texas!!!!!

I have no pics for this one. My fingers are too numb to push the trigger!! Honestly, I just had to post about the frigid temps here because there is no way this can be normal! When we were travelling today we couldn't believe the temps were in the 30's. Now, tonite I am shivering as I finishing up this long list of blog posts because the temps are plummeting down to the mid 20's!!! Now, we love Texas. But really, this isn't Friendly at all!  I saw that it will be back to normal...mid 70's by midweek...but we'll be Long Gone by then Y'all!

Still, we love the hospitality of this great state and are enjoying seeing the panhandle, as we missed it in our travels last year. We found a great RV park with an indoor pool, laundry and game room. We also were invited to sit in on a Cowboy Roundup and enjoyed some fun fiddlin', pickin' and harmonica playing mixed with the great cowboy wit.

We still love ya, Texas. Even if y'all are FREEZING us tonite. :-D

6 comments:

Winslowfamilyatgraceaboundingfarm said...

Brrrr..that's way colder than here! Wow! Hope you warm up soon! How was your visit with your Mom, Tracy?? Hope it was a good one! Hey...by the way...Total answer to prayer today...Glenn asked me to sign us up for the foster care classes in two weeks in Laconia! Yippee!! This has been a 2 year prayer request for me!!!! Wow!! Just had to share that with you! Love you bunches, and miss you all more! Keep those post cards coming!

xoxoxo

The Winslow Gang

Winslowfamilyatgraceaboundingfarm said...

YIKES!!! FREEZING!!! I shiver just reading it!
Maddie

Tracy said...

Mary!!! That is SO exciting!! I have been praying about that for your family as well. We'll keep asking the Lord to direct. Rejoicing with you!!

Dana said...

Hi Tracy! I just checked your blog and see that you are on the road! Yeah! Are you still traveling? We are getting nowhere fast - we are still on the OR coast... would love to meet your family if it works out for our paths to cross! :)

Tracy said...

Dana, thanks for commenting! We are now home. I noticed you were in OR and since we weren't heading that direction, I figured we'd miss you this time around. I hope your family is doing well and staying warm! Where will you plan to spend the winter?

Dana said...

We are doing great and having a lot of fun - just rather damp!

We are heading to AZ and TX for the winter, possibly spending Jan. and Feb. in Belize. We don't have a set schedule, just a 'kinda' plan. If you are in the neighborhood, let me know. I haven't been posting about where we are until we move, but that will probably change when we get down there are we will be staying in one place longer. Let us know if you are in 'our' area - would still like to meet up! :)