Going to the Deerfield Fair is a special event for me. It marks the anniversary of our move to New Hampshire from my home state of Minnesota. That was one of the most difficult times of my married life. I was sad, lonely and afraid of all of the unknowns that lay ahead of me. The day after we arrived, we headed to this fair and I felt like it was a Welcome to New Hampshire party just for me. Everything was so beautiful, cozy and welcoming. I particularly remember the huge blooming mums that decorated the grounds. In a season of doubt, I couldn't help but rejoice in my heart over the beauty surrounding me there and on the drive back and forth.
Truly, fall in New England is renown. Yet, for me, it holds it's own significance that reaches deeper than the colors and charm. It's a reminder of the Lord's work in my life, even when I wasn't willing to fully embrace it.
No comments:
Post a Comment