We tried something new and fun this spring.
A local home school group hosted a used curriculum book sale at a bowling alley. Moms shop while the fam bowls. Now that's some Big Fam Fun!
We took advantage of the great deal offered for those attending the sale. $4 per person for shoes and all you can bowl isn't an offer we're likely to pass up. Especially when nearly half of the family has a wad of new birthday cash in their wallet!
I packed up my sellable treasures, set up my table all pretty-like and spent some time visiting with old and new friends. I sold a couple of items and scored big on some books I needed for my list. I called it a big win since I walked away with a good amount more in my pocket than I spent AND I saved well over $30 on the used items I bought. Thanks, Lord!
While I was busy counting my pennies, the fam was having a good time candlepin bowling. The little girls had never been before, so it was great fun for them. Benj stole the prize, however, as King of the Lanes for our fam. He's always loved bowling. It was great to see him shine for a day. :)
These aren't the greatest photos but we'll save them anyhow. This field trip ended up being a good score covering some physical education, math, and economics all in one turn.
"For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold." Proverbs 3:14
No comments:
Post a Comment