So, this spring, with birthdays and holidays and celebrations abounding, we're trying our hands at home made cards.
We were invited to make the cards that would be presented to the families at our church's Baby Celebration this spring. I felt a little sad that we weren't able to contribute to the collective monetary gift for each family. What a blessing to be able to, instead, create little keepsakes for the precious baby girls born to our church family this year!
Now that we're getting the hang of it, we're rather liking this creative and frugal way to express our love and thoughts for others.
When I see the price of store bought cards these days, I'm even more excited to pull out the scrapbooking supplies and lead my little art students along in some fun. We peek in at pinterest for ideas but pretty soon, everyone is on their way with their own imagination.
Today we tucked away Nana's card collection with some of the blooming beauties from our yard. We're hoping they'll be a fragrant surprise when she opens her package for her birthday next week. :)
Nana'a favorite flowers wrapped up with some moistened towels on their way to sunny California!
Now we've found some great, inexpensive ways to shower some love and prayers on others. If only the ol' Postal Service was a bit more affordable!! I think they must use the most expensive horses they can find for that Pony Express. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment