Monday, February 15, 2010

Here's Thinking of You, Dad!

Yesterday we served Italian for our Pot-Providence meal during our church meeting. Somehow, I remembered back to my childhood days and the wonderful Chicken Cacciatore my Dad used to make. There are only a few meals I remember Dad making, and this one was a specialty for him. I found an easy-peasy recipe on my favorite recipe site, allrecipes.com.  I dropped it in the crockpot to cook overnite and it served up delicious for lunch! YUM!!

Thanks for the memories, Dad. It was pretty neat having you on my mind as I shared one of your claims to fame. :D  Next I'll try my hand at Bacon Spagetti. ;-)  Once I get that down, I may even take on your U.P. Famous Pizza Pasties!!!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Cacciatore on noodles? I have been in Louisiana way too long. We eat it on rice! lol Seriously though, it's one of my favorite meals. I may just make it next week and put up a picture of it on rice. :-)

Tracy said...

Ha Teresa!! The recipe I used said to put it over rice. I had never heard of that before!! LOL! Once it was made, though, I could see how rice would be a great option. We may try that next time. But...this midwest girl grew up eating it over noodles. ;-)