Monday, January 2, 2012

The 2012 Mega-Purge

I am determined to purge my house in the coming months. Now, I have been a good girl in the last few years. I regularly bring bags and boxes of unwanted or unused items to the thrift store. However, the winter months, the desire to be free from the added work of keeping care of extra "stuff", a wee bit of early nesting, and talk of a potential move in the coming year has me ready for more serious tactics.

I'm ready for something MAJOR. I'm going to be brutal. I'm going to be fierce. I'm going to be harsh and force myself to Move to Minimal.  Ultimately, I'm going to be FREE!!

I'm still working on my plan for how I'll record this Mega-Purge.  For now, I'm planning to just keep a running list and maybe some photos on this post of what I accomplish each week. In fact, I think a catchy way to keep me accountable will be declare a Monday Mega-Purge.  Mondays I'll be listing the items that are OUT of my house for good. It doesn't count if it hasn't been delivered, tossed, or returned to it's proper owner.

Cheer me on. This is going to be tough for the whole fam! ;-)

Monday, January 2

Pitched:
1 dumpster FULL of garage items (mostly from the painting company that has now been retired)
1 garbage bag full of painter's clothes that won't be needed anymore
Sold:
2 finger planks
gang box
baker's staging
drywall sander
small paint sprayer
10 extension cords
rolling tool box
several drop cloths

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great start to a New Year! I have my eyes set on similar goals - at least the part about tossing the 'stuff'. I'll be checking in to cheer you on. God has wonderful, exciting things in store for you this coming year, I'm sure.

Tracy said...

Thank you so much, Linda. :) I hope your purging goes well. I appreciate you cheering me on. :D

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Good for you! I've been purging here too. It's hard, but so freeing. Hoping keep purging here this coming week.