Welcome to our family blog. This is the place to keep up with our adventures at home and on the road. We hope we can be a blessing to you. We are grateful for the friends that stop in to pray and encourage us.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
A New MOTH
For those unfamiliar with the acronym MOTH, it isn't a lovely species of the flying sort. ;)
MOTH is abbreviated for Managers of Their Homes, a useful tool that I have been using for several years now. The beauty behind it is that you are able to break down all the activities that need to be done in your home, you'd like to be done in your home, and those that could be done in your home and map them out in an organized fashion. We haven't always used our MOTH schedule because, in some seasons, it just isn't helpful. But, we're walking into a season that requires us to adjust and transition to David's new work schedule, so our MOTH got an update and we're off and running with it.
This week has gone well. We aren't always able to stay on course for the full day. But, I find it very helpful to see what we may have missed or what we can set aside to accomodate a different plan. Our evenings aren't usually as strict as the plan lays out, but having the plan helps us remember all we want to get done before bedtime. So, it stays useful even when we use it in a different way.
You're welcome to follow the link to see how our day is planned. If you feel led, I'd appreciate your prayers as we work to build diligence and perseverance in our family by Staying On Course. :)
MOTH Winter 2012
Labels:
chores,
duty,
home,
organization,
prayer requests,
seasons,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you! I know how having a plan for our days can bring peace and productivity. Glad to hear you are finding a schedule that is working well.
You know I am an on-again-off-again 'moth'-er. Right now not doing so well. You've encouraged me to keep at it - thank you!
Thanks, Linda. You know you are always a great encouragement to me in so many ways. Glad I could be the same to you. :)
Post a Comment