I tell ya', the children had more fun with the purging today than I ever imagined. We have several bags and boxes to be donated and returned, but I'm not counting those yet since they aren't completely out of our hands. Hopefully I can get some of that done this week and our list will be even longer next Monday!
Returned:
2 drawers of rocks from E's collection (to the woods.) ;-)
Trash:
1 trailer full of garage items
1 box of plastic storage containers from the pantry shelves
1 enormous bin of unwanted paper items from David's office
1 large garbage can of trash from David's office
1 bag of christmas items
1 worn out backpack
E's old art folder
2 baskets
3 bags from children's rooms
1 broken cd player
2 comments:
a very productive day! good for you! I must say, though, it would be mighty difficult for my crew of rock-hounds to let go of those rocks. WE have rocks from everywhere we've lived, everywhere we've vacationed, everywhere we've been!
You inspired me to do some purging too -- we have been starting small, and I'll post in the weeks to come. a Kitchen drawer, a dresser, some Christmas things.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks, Linda. :) I was pretty surprised by the rocks, too. She made some choices, so her collection is a bit more "purposeful" now. Also, she decided to display her nature collection in her room, so that's emptied some closet space. Yay!
Post a Comment