Baby Dear is developing completely perfect in every way. We're grateful and continue to marvel at the intricacy of the Lord's hand to every detail as our sweet little one is being knit in my womb. A miracle before our eyes.
We normally do not have ultrasounds during my pregnancies, therefore, we don't chose to find out Baby's gender. The surprise at the end is always a great reward for all that hard work. However, as our family grows older, the opinions become stronger. The family was divided on wanting to know and not know and it became quite the debate. As the day for the ultrasound grew closer, I admit, even my curiosity was getting the better of me. ;)
When the tech asked if we'd like to know gender, we asked her to write it down for us and put it in an envelope until we could decide just what we wanted to do. She was elated and made great fun of making our surprise an extra special treat. We left the office with a sealed envelope, still unsure just what we would do.
After some discussion, we decided we would make the most of this opportunity. We had seen a "cake reveal" for baby's gender before and knew it would be a perfect memory-making event for our family. We would bring the envelope to a bakery and ask them to make either a pink or blue cake, whichever the envelope revealed, and then completely frost it so we wouldn't know the color until we cut it open together as a family. Great fun!!
However, once I called around, I found the local bakeries were unable to make colored cakes. That left us with the option of making it ourselves. So, Mommy was elected to open the envelope and make our special cake in the appropriate color as a surprise for the rest of the family. I confess, it was a little disappointing to open the envelope alone and miss the excitement of finding out with the whole family. But, once I saw the results, I was thrilled to have that special time alone to savor God's precious gift.
So, last night, after everyone was in bed, I stayed up until midnight baking the perfect cake as a gift to the fam. It didn't turn out as lovely as a professionally decorated cake would, but my heart was completely full of love and joy as I anticipated my families' reactions and the precious memory I was creating.
After church this morning, we pulled out the cake for the Big Reveal. I can't even relay the excitement of the moment. It was such a thrill! We did record it on video and hopefully the more techy members of the family will help me upload that to this post later this week.
So, after reading all that, 'cause I KNOW you didn't scroll down right away to see the cut cake, did you? ;-)... We are overjoyed to reveal our newest little darlin'...........
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!
That makes 6 girls and 2 boys for us so far.
WHAT could be SWEETER?
:-D
12 comments:
Congrats and what a special way to announce to the whole family.
What a yummy looking pink cake!!!!
Blessings to you and your family!!!!
Oh Tracy,
This is such a wonderful idea! I just love it! What a great way to celebrate this exciting news! I love the look of anticipation on everyone's faces when David was cutting the cake! Wow! And Susannah's joy when the color was revealed! Just perfect! Can't wait to see the video!
We love you all and the newest baby girl Menard! Can't wait to hear her name!
Love,
The Winslow Family
Thank you, Tanya!
Mary, I feel the same way about those pics. I keep looking at them and soaking in those precious expressions. So priceless. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for our family. :)
What a creative way for the whole family to find out! Congratulations!
Thank you, Naomi. :) I'm so glad we did this. It will always be a special memory for our family. :)
How fun!! I'm so glad you found out! :D
~andee
Im so happy for you and your family :-)
Blessings~
Maudie (maudie81)
Congratulations to you and your family, what a special and fun way to find out the happy news! I like all your other pictures too. Added you to my favorites bar,so I'll be back!
-dani from momys
Thank you, Dani and Maudie. It's so fun to have others celebrating with us!
How exciting! What a cute way to reveal :) If we ever find out I'm going to have to use that idea!
Please do use the idea! It certainly wasn't original to our family. ;)
AWWWWW, that was so sweet.....I was like "I am betting girl!" :D :D :D So happy for you!!!!!! This story made me tear up <3 Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment