Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012!!

Our New Year's Day finds us lazing around trying to catch up on the sleep we lost saying goodbye to very full 2012.  We are still in the midst of unfinished puzzles, games, and leftover food from our fancy feast last night. 

 
A feast for ten...


 Yumm on the new recipe: Crazy Crust Pizza!
 
I'm not feeling terribly nostalgic this year. No big resolutions and I haven't even done my usual reflections for the year past. This year I have challenged myself in a few ways. First of which is to make this a year of Inspiration. Being on the look out evidence of the Lord's work around me and using that as a way to motivate and inspire me in my daily tasks.






Also, last night David challenged us with some neat questions that had me thinking of some hopes I have for a fresh start in this coming year.

New Year's Eve Game:
Questions:
1. What are you most thankful for from the past year?
2. What would you like God to do for you in the coming year?
3. What would you like to do for God in the coming year?
4. What area of sin do you hope for victory over in the coming year?

Write your answer on a piece of paper, secretly. Then, one person reads the answers and we take turns guessing whose answer it is. If you guess correctly, you win a prize! This year David brought home a box full of Hot Wheels cars for us to enjoy. So fun!! (I loaded up on the convertibles. :D )





 
 
I'd love to see my prayer life grow stronger, my flesh finally win over this battle with my quest for The Easy Life, and to return to a place of joy in the sometimes mundane areas of life. I already know those are tall orders, requests, hopes, what-have-you. But, I serve a God that is rather large in stature. I know from the little bit of looking back I have done that He prefers to amaze me with His plans and power in my life.

Some fun with Clue and Apples to Apples this year. :)
 

Wishing you all a lovely, grace-filled 2013!!
 
Kindred Promise ~ 7 months
 


1 comment:

anordinarylife said...

What a beautiful baby and beautiful family. We had great hopes for a New Years bash as well but we all were down with the flu. Looks like yours was a hit. We have the same black and white toile (valances) in our living room.