Sharing a couple of recipes that have received high ratings here lately.
Crazy Crust Pizza
as found in Whole Foods for the Whole Family, La Leche League International Cookbook
Crust:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 t. oregano
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
Topping:
1.5 lb. ground beef (or other meat topping you prefer)
1/2 cup chopped onion (again, add whatever toppings your family enjoys)
1/2 t. salt
Dash of peper
1 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Beat crust ingredients together until smooth and pour into a greased and floured 12" pizza pan. (We use our 9x13 baking pans.) Brown beef with onion and season to taste. Drain. Arrange meat and vegetables over batter. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is a deep golden color. Remove pizza from oven; drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle on the cheese. Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes, to melt the cheese.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next recipe is one I tweaked. I got it from a friend of mine and altered it to make it sugar free. I'll link the original recipe here so you can choose if you'd like to go with that or try the sugar free version we like. There certainly is a noted difference between the two. I won't try to fool you that they taste the same. BUT, for a family aiming for sugar-free as the norm, these got good reviews from the children and me. David wasn't as impressed. ;)
To Die For Blueberry Muffins: Sugar Free Menard Version
3.5 cups flour (I used white whole wheat in the ones pictured)
1 tsp sea salt
4 tsp baking powder
1.5 (ish) cups applesauce
2 eggs
1 cup (ish) milk
2 cups fresh berries
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top of muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with liners. (This is a great job for a 6 year old learning kitchen skills.) Combine dry ingredients. Place wet ingredients together and mix. Add to dry ingredients.
(Here's where I ran into trouble. The original recipe calls for less wet ingredients than I put in. I had to keep adding some to get my batter to the right consistency. The above measurements for the applesauce and milk are guesstimates because of that. I'll probably add more applesauce or even some mashed banana next time to increase the wet to dry ratio since my husband would like the muffins sweeter.)
Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, sprinkle with cinnamon. (this recipe made 1.5 dozen regular sized muffins)
Bake 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope these turn out well for you. I am being climbed on by an adorable two year old right now who is aching for some lap time. Blessings!!

No comments:
Post a Comment