I took our four youngest on a short hike with some friends this week. I had fun helping them find treasures for their Nature Collection.
Then, today, with several of the children battling runny noses, we decided to keep to ourselves for worship. The bright, glorious sunshine called us out and we enjoyed a beautiful 2.5 hour hike up a local trail.
Hiking is my favorite family exercise. We can go at a pace that allows everyone to participate. We find something exciting at each turn. I watch the children help each other and run off together on adventures as the trail turns. Every time we are out, I watch these precious people with me growing, learning, and loving each other. I treasure these treks because I know they will be the times I look back on again.
Even so, David said to me today, "Hey, let's make it our goal that we'll be hiking with our grandchildren." And then I heard our oldest call out, "What about your Great-grandchildren?"
Yes to all of that!!
"Make me know Your ways, O LORD ; Teach me Your paths."
Psalm 25:4
No comments:
Post a Comment