Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sharing Our Journey

As I've shared before, this past year our family took on a new adventure.  After a three week Daniel Fast, we moved to a Whole Food Plant Based diet.  As a fun way to track our progress, we decided to get a photo of ourselves on the 10th of each month. We started this on July 10th, and I wanted to get to our anniversary the following year on June 10th and see just how much we had changed together.


I have to say, it's amazing to look at these photos. Yes, it's a big transformation on the outside, but that barely tells the story of how we've grown on the inside. 

With all this change, we've been asked often about what has made the biggest impact on our health.  It's fun to share with others what we are learning and how we make it work.  We've had many friends and family join us in working toward a life filled with foods that are rich in nutrients and enjoying improved health as they go.

Recently, we were invited to speak at a lunch meeting for a company in Maine.  This was the first time we had done anything formal and it was such a great event! 


 

We prepared a power point presentation, packed up our trusty kitchen machines, a packet of recipes and menu ideas, and some samples of our favorite foods to share with everyone. 




We spoke twice that day, sharing our story with about 65 people.  We were so encouraged by the positive feedback we received from both groups.  My dear friend who coordinated the event was very excited by the large turnout. 




I loved this opportunity.  It was such a treat to work with David on a presentation like this. I loved it that some of the children were there helping us. Benjamin took on the challenge of doing the video work. Once he gets the editing done, I just might have that to add to this post.

 

It would be great to have more opportunities to speak and share our story.  In the meantime, we continue to learn, work hard, and look at new opportunities in encouraging and helping others find healing and strength from the Lord and the foods He has created uniquely for us to thrive on.

No comments: