Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Battery Exhausted

Yeah. That about sums it up.

See, I have some great pics on the camera to post. Last week was Back to School and we have some adorable shots of the kittens. Boy, are they growing!

However, as I clicked the camera this morning (cute shot of Elizabeth carring a kitten in her apron pocket ;), I was informed on the little camera screen, "Battery Exhausted".  And do you know what? I almost cried.

I know that is absurd. But in that moment, I bonded with my camera. Those two little words staring at me were the perfect description of how I was feeling in that moment. Crazy, huh?  Crazy, but true.

Today was not one of my best days. In fact, it's one that I shouldn't even be Blogging Home About. [blush]  I woke feeling tired, worn, emotional and, well...my battery was exhausted. Now, in my defense, a Few Things Happened on the Way to the Battery Breakdown Line...

>This is our second week back to school with 1 middle schooler, 3 elementary students, 1 preschooler, 1 toddler and a nursing babe. The Back to School Honeymoon didn't last long. [wink]

>This is our second week on the new MOTH schedule. Ahhh, a schedule. It's a Love-Hate thing, ya' know? It's a great tool to get it all done, but it's murder getting it all done. I can't begin to describe how beat I was by the end of last week!

>I haven't found a great laundry system just yet. That, and a Creative Climber crashed a shelf in our family closet, leaving a perpetual mess of clothes to deal with daily.

>A tough situation outside of our family that I have been struggling with for a few months. Keeps me on my knees, that one.

>Sweet Honoree' is having flashbacks to her early months. We've been up several times a night for the last week or so. That's rough on a Mom With a Plan. 8-)

>Parenting. Need I say more?

So, today it finally hit me. My Battery is Exhausted. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband. He came to my rescue a few times today.I sure do love him. 

I also have a wonderful friend. Maybe you have one too. She's one I can call and say I am only coming for a few minutes, dump all of my self-pity complaints, whine more than I ever should and still leave with a hug.  I know she's prayed for me today. She certainly made me feel loved. That was worth the hour drive. [whispering: thank you, friend!]

Now I'm ready for the Real Recharge. Some time alone with the Lord. He's the friend I can go to at any moment, pour out my heart and not only find a sympathetic ear, but also the direction and strength to face the challenges that await me tomorrow. I'm so incredibly grateful that He is my friend. I hope He is yours too.

And, just in case you are wondering why I don't just plug in my camera battery and recharge *it* so I can share all those fun pics...well...the battery charger is missing. This is our second week hunting for that little treasure. So, I'll just have to keep you in suspense until we find it.

What a blessing that our own "battery charger" is always available to us. Thank you, Lord, for the power of your word! (pun intended...sorry!)

"My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you, So that you incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding; Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding, If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, And find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints." Proverbs 2:1-8

4 comments:

Our Peculiar Lives said...

wishing you a peaceful rest in the chaos! Prayers. . .

~Stephanie said...

Oh Tracyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Praying right along with you friend. Solomon has been up too! Praying, praying, praying......

Tracy said...

Thank you for your prayers, my friends! Keep 'em coming. :) Our week has been better and Honoree' (and I) got a full night of sleep last night. Yay!

Wanda said...

((((Hugs))) Boy oh boy ,do I know what that day is like . I have been having way to many lately . I just keep telling myself this to shall pass :)
So glad to get a update on you dear friend!!!!!!