Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fire...Almost

I'm so thankful the Lord watches over our comings and goings. Especially those times we didn't even know we needed protection.

Last night, we scooted out in a hurry. Several hours later, while driving myself home, I remembered I left chicken boiling on the stove. Didn't turn it off. [gulp]

David and the children had gotten home an hour or so before me. They arrived to a house FULL of black smoke. It was pouring out of the dryer vent. [cry :( ]

Thank you, Lord, that our home was not in flames.

Thank you, Lord, that the fire trucks weren't sent for in our absence.

Thank you, Lord, that our sweet kitty family was safe.

Thank you, Lord, for your ever faithful protection over our family, even when we haven't known to ask.

Thank you, Lord, for a break from the MOTH schedule to wash windows, walls, curtains, bedding and everything else that holds that lovely aroma of charred chicken and plastic. [sigh]

"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men
put their trust under the shadow of thy wings."
Psalm 36:7

7 comments:

Our Peculiar Lives said...

oh no! Thank God everything is okay. I hope nothing is too smoke damaged.

Tracy said...

Thankfully, it isn't bad. Just stinky. I guess the Lord has a way of giving me a good nudge to do that spring cleaning I put off, huh?

Winslowfamilyatgraceaboundingfarm said...

Oh Tracy....praise God! We are so thankful that everyone and everything is okay. That's super scary!! God even protected the kitties, too. Wow! We are thanking the Lord for his protection for you all!

~Stephanie said...

Thanking the Lord with you!!! ((((HUGS)))

Sara said...

I'm so glad smoke damage is all you have to deal with! Even though that can still be a major pain! I did the same thing with granola once years ago when we were renting and I was sure we would come home to find the house burned to the ground! Mercifully, there was only black granola, not any black house remains!
So thankful for His protection!

Teresa said...

Oh no, Tracy! I am so glad that God protected your home while you were away. How amazing!

Tracy said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, everyone.

Sara, thank you for sharing that. You knew it would make me feel better to know I'm not the only one. ;)