Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Preparations


Our Christmas was a little quieter and less busy than usual. I'm thankful for that. I wasn't able to send out a family letter this year. We were a little short on funds and I was a lot short on energy.  We decided to focus on keeping our Christmas celebration simple and centered on the real gift of Jesus and His salvation.  Even the gift-giving this year had a special place as the children each participated in sharing gifts with each other and others. They learned in a whole new way what a blessed feeling it is to bless someone in the name of Jesus. 

Elizabeth handmade many gifts this year. This is one she hand-stitched for Nana in California. Isn't it just darling?
Susannah and Ruth love the kitchen.  They loved helping with baking and made some yummy treats to share for gifts.Ruth's "Famous" french toast. Not really a Christmas treat, but she sure was proud of her culinary accomplishment!

More table decorations by Elizabeth.

1 comment:

Retta said...

What beautiful gifts!!! I love it when children do things like that. It's always such a blessing to see creativity!!!