We hosted Thanksgiving dinner in our home this year. It's been a few years since we've done that. I remembered it being a time of cooking, baking, and not a little stress trying to get all that accomplished. This year, with the children being a bit older, I was so wonderfully surprised at what a Blessing it was to prepare for such a special day. We enjoyed all of the food preparations as well as decorating. Every little detail was such a joy to me because I was sharing the efforts with the children. Elizabeth, who is particularly gifted in the area of hospitality, put together most of the lovely table decorations.
We were joined by David's parents, sister and her husband and our niece and nephew. They brought even more food and, wow, did we have a feast! It was a lovely day spent with family in prayer, laughter and sharing. We hope to continue making each Thanksgiving Day just as special in the years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment