Well, the baking all got done. I did a quad batch of muffins in place of the cookies, but we should be set for most of the week, aside from the yeast breads.
Didn't get all the casseroles done. One Cheeseburger Pie for a family from church to welcome their new baby. I also have a pot of chili in the crockpot cooking tonite to be ready for lunch tomorrow. Also prepped some oatmeal pancakes for breakfast in the morning. It was a successful day. I'm definitely feeling that. ;-)
Have I ever shared just how Very Capable I am in the kitchen?? Yeah, well...Very Capable of making a Huge Mess!! I had bread overflowing the pans today and ended up with some lopsided loaves as well as an accidental new bread. Pumpkin-Gingerbread loaf! See, the pumpkin bread oozed over the edge of it's pan and leaked down onto the gingerbread below it. Makes for a colorful loaf! It's a good thing my family is more interested in the taste than the presentation.
My yeast breads turned out lovely, though. I was really happy about that. I haven't made bread since last summer. I was afraid I had forgotten how to do it.
Well, thanks to my little helpers and my loving husband, I even have a clean kitchen as I now sit with my feet up. What a great feeling to have a freezer full of goods and a day of rest ahead of me.
4 comments:
ooooo that looks yummy! Great job!
Great work my dear! What wonderful fruit of your labor! Many hands make light work! Loved seeing the photos of the finished products!
That is impressive!
Awesome! I'm amazed at what you got done in ONE day!
Post a Comment