Last week we were Back to School...sort of. We had a lot of appts., a tea party and the holiday to fit in, so we stuck with our Core Studies. That's code around here for Get the Basics Done and Move On. That makes this our "official" Back to Life week. This is when we add in our full MOTH (Managers of Their Homes) schedule. That includes all the cleaning, cooking, lessons, and choring that needs to be done each day. I'm so thankful to have found that tool. It's been a fantastic fit for our family. It truly is my "Brain", since I rarely can find mine on any given day.
I thought I'd share one of our most important Back to Life items that started up again this week. Our family Prayer Journal. It's just a simple notebook, but it helps us to focus our prayer time around the breakfast table each morning. We record the requests on one side and make a column to record the answers and praises on the other side. It's quite a gift to see the Lord working through our petitions. Here's how we have ours set up:
Sunday: Church family and ministries
Monday: Missionaries and Ministries
Tuesday: Our Country, State and local government and it's leaders
Wednesday: Family, friends and neighbors that do not yet know Jesus
Thursday: Family and extended family needs
Friday: Personal family needs
Saturday: Neighborhood and our Family Ministry
We still keep the "urgent" requests on our daily list.
I am confident the Lord has grand plans for us in the coming year. I am grateful to have a tool to record His work in our lives. This was fantastic way to get us Back to Life this morning!
I am also thankful for the privilege to come before Him in prayer. Please know we rejoice in praying for all of you, thank you for allowing us to do so!
3 comments:
Tracy, I like your new look. :) If you would, please add a request to your family prayer journal. We have a missionary family coming on the 15th and we need to have a vehicle for them sorted out by then. We'd love to have your family praying with ours (we keep a family prayer journal, too.)
I just added you to our list! I'm so excited they are coming. We'll be praying for the vehicle, but also all the other details as they travel and you all work together. What a time of blessing!
Oh, and thanks for the compliment. I still have a ways to go to get the hang of this blogging stuff.
I love the new look! Very very nice! That prayer journal is such a great idea. I should talk to dh about doing something like that.
Post a Comment