Friday, January 1, 2010

The last link of our trip was a little more hurried. As the terrain changed and became more familiar, I think a lot of the family were getting anxious to be home. The weather also took a dive.  Traveling in the RV when it's cold and raining every day isn't so fun.  We meant to spend more time in KY than we did, but in the end, the Lord worked out the timing just right. David had some jobs that needed tending at home and our very last leg of the journey, from PA to NH left us with a broken brake master cylinder. (I don't exactly know what that means, but I DO know it was a scary drive home!)   Most of what we saw was from the windshield. Good thing it gives such a great view!

View from our campsite in the Ozarks
Crossing the Mississippi. You'd think a girl who grew up on the Mississip' wouldn't be taking pics of barges, lol! But, it was exciting to see them after all the years I've been away from the midwest.

We made one last stop in PA to enjoy meeting yet another family I've met through my internet connections. We were so blessed to spend Sunday morning (and all day!) in worship and fellowship with these new and dear friends.  No pics of our visit, but we did get one of an Amish buggy driving down their street. That was a treat for Elizabeth, especially, since she longed to see and visit the Amish communities on our way.
And the drive home. We made it a straight shot from PA through the night. Praying all along the way that our brakes would hold. I only wish I'd have gotten a pic of the children's faces when they woke up to see we were parked in our own driveway. It was PRICELESS!! We crawled into our luxurious, big beds and crashed.  The next day felt like Christmas as we all relaxed in our pj's and savored the feeling of living in such a "castle" as we do. At least, that's what it felt like after over a month in the RV. Thanks for sharing our trip with us!

No comments: